Thursday 9 June 2011

PUNCH IT!


I've sanded the oil cover and it's down to its bare bones ready for the next stage.



So now that I've stuck with the number and font I like, designed it and marked everything up
it's time to get punching.

I'm using a tiny 1.5mm drill bit and a hand drill to punch these holes. A rough estimate is about 400
per number, if I punch 1 every 10 seconds, it should only take me 50 years to do the first number! :))





After getting my feel for the drill and how to get as accurately a punch as possible I slowly 
started to get underway. . . .

Although 2 minutes later I pressed a little too hard and broke the first drill bit.
Luckily it came in a pack of 2, loosened up and drilled on...




389 holes later....

 



Quick little QC helped me to see my job wasn't over just yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment