Wednesday 20 April 2011

The Perfect Speedo

Motogadget Tiny Speedometer

After much toil and consideration I decided to go with the Motogadget Tiny Speedster.
It was quite a difficult choice not because of the obvious beautiful look of the device, but simply the price. £400 for a speedo was a big ask but the fact that it was SO small and look simply beautiful
finally swung it for me. The other choice was Dikota Digital but I couldn't find a speedo that looked old school enough in their catalogue.





In the end it was the right decision although not without a few ups and downs.

Because I ride my bike every day in all kinds of weather the M-Can which connects the speedo
to the HD cabling died due to moisture getting into the unit.

However, I sent it back to Germany and Motogadget tested all the parts and replaced
the M-Can under warranty. Fantastic.

But that isn't the end of the story.

When I received the parts back and installed it the clock function on the speedo
wasn't working correctly. It started losing about 1 minute per hour.
I was told the speedo had been updated with new software and this could be the only 
reason for the corruption.

I emailed Motogadget and received quite bad customer service from a certain
employee so I decided to give them a call.

I spoke to Garret and he resolved the situation immediately. He is sending out a brand new speedo to replace the faulty one and freepost packaging for the faulty one. All under warranty.

Now THAT's customer service!!



No comments:

Post a Comment