Wednesday 20 April 2011

WLA inspired 883 Iron - Phase III


PHASE III

The two remaining things to do, other than the decals, was to fit the 
Crime Scene headlight and replace the speedo. I really didn't like the bulky 
speedo in the middle of the bars.It looks chunky and cumbersome and really 
ruins the clean lines I'm trying to create.
But more research was needed to find the right option.

PAINT!!

Now I love the matt black paint on my bike but the only thing that would really
take this machine back to 1946 would be a vintage set of decals.
I searched everywhere to find them and almost had to concede to have it
hand painted by a Pro but like with all my projects it's not the money I'd have to
pay but the fact I'd lose out on doing it myself!!!

I finally found a fantastic pair of vintage decals on Ebay (Sensing a theme here)
So I did what any mad biker would do... I painted the tank while in situ!!

Tools:
Plastic wrapping to cover the ENTIRE bike!!
Masking tape
Protective mask and goggles (Clearcoat kills apparently!!)
Vintage Decals
Clear coat

And away we go!!!


Once the decals have been correctly stuck to the tank I needed to mask a small
area around the decal so the clear coat could stick to both the decal and the tank




Now to protect the bike from the clear coat.



 Protection please!! :))


30 mins later and after a few coats...





The sweet taste of Victory!!


////////////////

No comments:

Post a Comment